Welcome to St Joseph's Catholic Schools' Federation!
St Joseph's is a happy, secure school at the heart of a vibrant inner city community that celebrates life.
We aim to nurture and support the personal growth of each unique individual inspiring the gospel values of faith, hope, love, peace, justice and truth. The children are educated in a Christian setting preparing them for witness in the wider community. We are committed to providing a stimulating, challenging, inclusive learning environment and quality first teaching so that it captures the imagination, empowering learning at every opportunity. We ensure that enrichment activities provide opportunities for the children to perform, articulate and collaborate through music, sport, drama and philosophy.
Our families are proud and passionate about the school; they are supportive and determined for their children. The pupils' energy is positive, boundless and infectious. They are well behaved, they work hard and enjoy school.
We would love you to come and visit us!
Saint Joseph’s Catholic Infants’ School together with its faith community will endeavour to inspire the gospel values of faith, hope, love, peace, justice and truth by :-
- Ensuring that each child will develop their full potential, spiritually, intellectually, morally, emotionally, physically and socially in a caring, loving and supportive environment.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of each child’s progress.
- Building strong relationships between school, pupils,
- parents and the parish community and neighbourhood to help prepare our children to live harmoniously and with equality of opportunity.
Staff must be committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school and to helping the children towards an understanding of worship.
Staff will share their gifts in the fulfilment of these aims for the benefit of the school community and share responsibility for the well being and discipline of all pupils.
At St Joseph’s each member of our family is valued and respected for who they are. Like St Joseph, we aim to nurture and support the personal growth of each individual in an atmosphere of love and trust rooted in Christ and the Gospels.
Each child will be provided with an education placed in a Christian setting to prepare him/her to be a witness in the wider world; thus the curriculum to be followed will enable each child to acquire skills, attitudes and values that will foster an increasing love and understanding of the Catholic faith.
- To teach the children to have an awareness that, as children of God they too must love one another, irrespective of the ethnicity, gender or ability - physical or intellectual - of the companions.
- To provide a curriculum in which each strand refers intrinsically to the Overall Aim, but which also allows for the differentiation which exists between children and their varying stages of development.
- To realise each child's own individual potential within a stimulating learning environment, ensuring that there are opportunities to feel successful.
- To bring together all who are concerned with the children's social, moral and spiritual development through a close relationship between the school, the parents and the Church.
Art Club -Mondays - 3.15pm - 4.15pm £5.00 5wk
Card Design Club - Mrs Crawford - Coming Soon 3.15pm - 4.15pm £5.00 5 wk
Cooking Mrs Galindo/Mrs Lee- Tuesdays & Wednesdays - 4.30pm Staff room £5.00 5 wk
Jewellery Miss Mbriwa- Wednesdays 3.15pm - 4.15pm £5.00 5 wk
Sewing Mrs Ramos- Thursdays 3.15pm - 4.15pm £5.00 5 wk
Tae-Kwando - Mondays - Hall £20.00 YR3/YR5
Millwall Club - Fridays
Recorder Year 3
Choir Years 3 and 4
Flute Year 4
Clarinet Years 4 and 6